Forehead Lift Philadelphia
The forehead and eye brows are often the first areas to show signs of aging. The effects of age, genetics, gravity, lifestyle other environmental factors play a role in the aging of the upper portion of our face. Forehead wrinkles begin to develop causing the eyebrows to sag. Heaviness and sagging of the forehead/brow can give patients a tired or angry appearance. Descent of the forehead/brow complex can also cause the upper eyelid to appear heavy and droop.
For patients in New Jersey, these lift techniques seek to improve this look by elevating the eyebrows to rejuvenate the eyes, improve hooding of the upper eyelids, and improve forehead wrinkles.
Board certified plastic surgeons often utilize several techniques towards achieving forehead/brow rejuvenation. Doctors frequently employ the use of a surgical endoscope, a small operating “telescope”, which allows them to operate on this complex area through tiny incisions. The Endoscopic Forehead/Brow lift can be performed through five, ½ inch incisions which are hidden behind the hairline.
Forehead/Browlift Procedure Facts
Surgical Goals: To restore the natural position of a sagging forehead and eyebrows and to smooth forehead wrinkles. To eliminate the perceived appearance of being tired, sad, or angry caused by drooping of the forehead and eyebrows. To rejuvenate the forehead and “open up” the upper eyelid.
The Procedure: A variety of techniques are available to rejuvenate the forehead and eyebrow. Dr. Corrado will discuss with you which procedures are best for you. He will also discuss the specific procedure chosen with you. Many times the Endoscopic Forehead/Browlift can be performed, allowing the procedure to be completed through tiny incisions hidden in the hairline. On occasion, a surgical drain may be used. It will be removed on the following morning after surgery.
Anesthesia: IV sedation or General Anesthesia based on patient preference.
Length of Time: A forehead/browlift takes between 1-2 hours to perform, depending upon the type of lift. All procedures are performed in a fully accredited outpatient surgery center. Other procedures such as Blepharoplasty (Eyelift), Midface Lift, Laser Resurfacing, Chemical Peel, or Facial Fat Grafting may be performed at the time of surgery to complement your result.
After the Procedure: All patients are sent home the night after surgery, and are given a set of post procedure instructions to follow. Overnight stay at the surgical facility can be provided for the patient at an additional cost if the patient so desires. The patient will follow up the next day for a post procedure check and removal of any drains. The patient will then follow up on the 7th post procedure day for stitch removal.
Recovery: Recovery times range between 1-2 weeks. Patients may return to work as early as 1 week. Strenuous activity should be avoided for 2 weeks after the procedure. Bruising and swelling generally resolve within 1-2 weeks. There is usually some numbness (usually temporary) due to stretching of the sensory nerves in the region of the forehead. Postoperative pain is controlled with prescription pain medications, or Tylenol.
Dr. Anthony Corrado Discusses Facelift
- “It is my pleasure to share with you my thoughts on Dr. Anthony Corrado. I have scrubbed with him in surgery many times during his cosmetic surgery fellowship with us. Anthony is a gifted surgeon with a keen aesthetic eye. He also has the skills and experience to achieve great results for his patients. The natural and easy rapport he develops with his patients creates a perfect environment for making their dreams a reality.”
Dr. Drew Ordon co-host of CBS television’s “The Doctors”
- “After doing my “due diligence” and interviewing several well-known and recommended plastic surgeons in the New Jersey/Philadelphia medical communities, I chose Dr. Corrado to perform my cosmetic surgery. My choice was an informed one and in hindsight, the correct one. I wanted a natural result that left me looking like myself only without the visible signs of aging. Dr. Corrado is expert at creating a natural look and I could not be happier with the outcome.”
- “I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with Dr. Corrado & his
staff. They were very friendly and made me feel well taken care of every step of the way. Great service, great job…I would recommend Dr. Anthony Corrado to anyone.”
- “I knew from my first visit with Dr. Corrado that I would be a lifelong
patient. He made me feel very relaxed and provided me with an in-depth understanding of Botox. I no longer look angry and love my results. Rest assured you are in good hands with Dr. Corrado.”
- “I had a great experience with Dr. Corrado and I highly recommend him. I had upper eyelid blepharoplasty and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Dr. Corrado and his office made me feel extremely comfortable and calm from the very first visit. Having never had surgery of any kind before I was very nervous, but as it turns out I didn’t need to be. There was no pain and my recovery went very smoothly thanks to the level of care that I received from the doctor. I’ve already recommended Dr. Corrado to all of my friends, and he would be my only choice if I decide on future procedures .”
- “I had puffy areas on the top of my cheek bones that literally disappeared and my dark spots lightened while my skin tone improved overall. I was very pleased with the results and would recommend him to my friends. Doctor Corrado did a great job at making me feel at ease during the procedure and followed up with calls to ensure any questions I might have were answered.”
- “There are many fine plastic surgeons and Anthony Corrado is one of them. What makes him special is not only the wonderful results but the personalized and caring attention that he gives to his patients. He is a talented doctor and an empathetic person.”
- “When I first met Dr. Corrado I just knew he would take good care of me. His concern for my well being put me at ease and allowed me to relax and enjoy my amazing transformation. Thanks to him I now look as young as I feel and I highly recommend him to anyone. You will love your new look.”
- “Dr. Anthony Corrado performed a facial rejuvenation procedure and rhinoplasty on me. I must say that the consultation was very pleasant and the procedure was painless. I highly recommend Dr. Corrado. His professionalism and impeccable work ethic have made him my favorite surgeon. I am extremely happy with the results I obtained and will gladly go back to him for any other procedure in the future.”
- “Working with Dr. Corrado has been one of the best decisions I have ever made! With his experiences and my hopes and dreams…we have succeeded together in making me a very happy and much younger looking grandmother of 8! Every step of the way, he made me feel comfortable with making my own decisions, with his suggestions and all have been successful. I get compliments quite often. Thank you Dr. Corrado! I would highly recommend your work to Anyone!”
- “Dr Corrado is just fantastic! I was very happy with my results. He is very compassionate & his “bedside manner” is perfect. He took the time to explain everything to me & answered all my questions. He made me feel very relaxed thru the surgery & all my appts. I would recommend him highly–he is definitely the best in his field! I have nothing but praise for Dr. Corrado.”
- “Dr. Corrado does amazing work on the face. He is a highly trained and skilled surgeon. I have been very happy with the procedures he has done for me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Corrado.”