Facial Fat Grafting (Transfer) for Facial Volume Enhancement
Facial Fat Grafting (Transfer) for Facial Volume EnhancementPublished on June 15, 2015 by Dr. Anthony Corrado
Fat transfer, also called fat grafting, is a procedure that plumps, smoothes and restores volume to the face while preserving the patient’s natural features. It can be utilized alone or in conjunction with other facial plastic surgery procedures. Fat grafting is a semi-permanent procedure, so the results will last for years to come.
Fat grafting can be used in a similar fashion to injectables. However, with fat grafting, the injectable material is obtained from your own body– typically the abdomen, hips or thighs.
Once extracted, the fat is then processed and purified for optimal results. After transfer, the fat cells will be incorporated into your system, becoming permanent. It is very likely with fat grafting that you may not require any maintenance or touch up treatments.
Fat injections generally:
- Eliminate wrinkles and lines around the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Add volume to the cheeks.
- Soften the contours of the face.
- Increase definition of the chin and jaw.
- Replace volume to the lips.
- Rejuvenate the upper face area, putting off the need for a facelift.
Fat grafting can also be used in conjunction with:
- Browlifts, which are used to eliminate the droopiness of the forehead. Fat injections soften the upper face and eliminate fine lines.
- Blepharoplasty, removes excess fatty tissue and skin that causes sagging or tired looking eyes. Fat injections will enhance your eyelid surgery and help improve the overall look of the face.
- Face and Neck Lifts, which eliminate extra skin that is loose and sagging. Adding fat grafting to the procedure softens the angles and allows for a more natural looking result.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing is an effective way to decrease fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots as well as even out skin tone and eliminate scars. Fat injections are added to replace lost facial volume, significantly enhancing the effects of skin resurfacing.
Utilizing fat grafting in place of dermal fillers is ideal as the material is sourced from your own body. Because of this, the risk of an allergic or adverse reaction is eliminated. The fat cells are integrated seamlessly into your body’s soft tissue, resulting in a return of your facial volume that will more than likely last for years.
Dr. Anthony Corrado is a double board certified facial plastic surgeon and serves patients from the greater Delaware Valley area such as, South Jersey, the Jersey Shore, Philadelphia, the Mainline, and Delaware County. He also offers care for out of town patients as well. Dr. Corrado offers the latest advances in the fields of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery. He provides his patients with the full spectrum of facial cosmetic and reconstructive procedures.
His areas of special interest include laser skin resurfacing, facelift, mini facelift, blepharoplasty, and facial fat grafting. Please call us at 1 (877) 481-3223 to schedule an appointment, or click here to schedule your complimentary consultation today.